Wednesday, February 10



In grade 1/2 our favourite games were “models and photographer” (so sexist, the boy was ALWAYS the photographer and we were always the competing models) and Nightcrawlers… which involved making your way across the monkey bars while someone tried to knock you off to your death into the giant Nightcrawler worms below…

one of my friends used to talk about her mother and the insects that “Coca-Cola” used to make her think were all over her arms. I was afraid to drink pop at that point. I forget her last name but I remember she bit me once and told me she was part wolf.

It figures I received the Oscar the Grouch drawing pad… although I think I was still a fairly cheery kid at this point.

Once upon a time I loved that penguin puppet with all my heart... but now I wouldn't have remembered it ever again if I hadn't seen this photograph. You can do the same thing with people.

7 dirty hippies blowing your mind:

Tankboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tankboy said...

At first when I saw "grade 1/2" I thought you were saying Canada had a "half grade," and I was wondering if that was between kindergarten and 1st grade...

Laura said...

I genuinely miss games that involved injury.
My grade school playground was surrounded by rocks....oh, the good old days.

Gage1 said...

we used to play so many games that involved purposely trying to inflict cuts, bruises etc... now you can't even suggest such games on the playground, wimps.

Tankboy said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most of the toys we had on our playground as a kid are illegal now due to "safety" issues.

Gage1 said...

I'm sure there are a few kids out there that could stand a little toughening up.

Laura said...

My favourite was the tire swing held up by three chains. You could send people FLYING if they got in the way.